Monday, July 13, 2009

Cheeky Girls

Besides teaching BEL311 to both D3D1 and D3D2, I also teach BEL260 to D2D1 this semester. (Apparently, I am destined to teach Banking students this semester!)

So this morning's activity is to ask them to write any five sentences in English and then ask them to transcribe the sentences into English phonetics with the help of their dictionaries. (I always teach phonetics to Part 2 students as I feel that it is important for them to know how to pronounce phonetic symbols in the dictionary).

Anyway, I checked their work to make sure that they had used the symbols correctly. Most of them wrote plain sentences and some even put in part of a popular song lyrics. I don't mind at all, as long as they are all in English.

But this one particular group dared to put in this sentence:



Well, they are cheeky girls, aren't they? :P

P/S: Can you interpret the phonetic symbols? If you can, I'll buy you lunch. Nadheera, DON'T ANSWER! THIS IS TOO EASY FOR YOU!

2 comments:

Norfadzilah@ieyla said...

I'll try to answer it. "if you can answer all this question, i want to see sir izwan laugh" is it true? hehe:)

Unknown said...

Alamak sir janganla sebut nama panjang.
malu i..
bukan saya sorang je boleh jawab kan..
tapi sir belanja lunch jugak walau saya x jawab boleh?

 


Design by: Pocket